Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Prayer in time of worry....

Lord, with my anxious cares and troubles I come to You, trusting in Your Word and believing in Your promises. You know that I have been greatly upset by the worries, fears, and doubts of the day. You must be my strength and refuge if I am to find peace of mind and healing for my body. Uphold me with Your almighty arm.

I am not worthy of Your love and mercy, for I have sinned and often done evil in Your sight. Blot out all my transgressions through Christ’s precious blood. Fill my soul with peace. Give me the grace to put all my trust in You.  Teach me, Lord, to believe Your Word. Remind me that my troubles are not from You. They are the curse of my sinful nature. But I know that You know that curse of sin, for Jesus bore it on the cross for me, that I might have victory over it. Help me to trust the promise of salvation and with it all Your other promises, especially Your promise “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). Let these things sustain me in my daily struggle.

Let your healing hand rest upon me day after day. Keep my family and me in Your saving grace, and abide with us all the days of our lives; through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment